Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hmmmm....

Right now I am planning a major library reorg to take place this summer. It's a bit overwhelming, but in the end I think it will do good things for the library. One of the most difficult things is actually showing people that change is a good thing. I love change. This might mean something about me, you know, psychologically. I was the kind of kid who was always rearranging her bedroom. In the middle of the night. I don't think we should change public spaces for the sake of changing them, necessarily, but if shaking things up a bit will mean you've got a better library on your hands, don't stress about "how it's always been."

I know this takes diplomacy, though, and that's hard. I'm still learning how to argue my case with empathy, understanding, and an open mind.

On another note, I was THRILLED to see the recent post in the YALSA blog about hip hop. The list of artists that they put together is fantastic, with a lot of my favorites on there. Take a peek, and stock your shelves with this stuff!

No comments: