Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm back!

Ack! It's been almost a year since I've posted anything here. A lot has happened in that year: I began my job at the Darien Library, and I welcomed (along with my husband) my daughter into the world. Whew! Those two things alone have taken up most of my time and energy. And now the Darien Library is MOVING! To an amazing new building! As the person responsible for the new teen space, I've been:

* Weeding
* Buying new titles, including loads of awesome non-fiction
* Re-organizing all our teen books into genre categories: romance, mystery, sports, series, etc. I think this will make the collection a lot more browsable and accessible.
* Buying gaming systems and games
* Planning a hefty slate of programs, including gaming tournaments, Gossip Girl viewing parties, and study nights
* Promoting the new teen program on Facebook and in person

I am so excited for us to be in the new building! And once we get there, please watch this space for more frequent posts. And if you want to read some of my recent pieces on the YALSA blog, here they are!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments: